- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Attacks the ball with authority, with quick read-and-react ability. Willing and physical tackler, flashes toughness and aggressive nature vs. the run.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
- Vulnerable to big plays trying to bait the quarterback.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
How other scouting services rate Shawn Shamburger (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank