- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- Not a burner or consistent vertical threat. Has a lanky frame and will be overmatched physically by most cornerbacks in the NFL. Needs to be more competitive in tight coverage.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Tyler Vaughns (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank