- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.
- Flashes closing speed and agility to reach passers from the blind side or up the middle before they can escape.
- Ferocious against the run and very good in coverage, is extremely versatile. Despite his build, he holds up well in traffic and makes a lot of plays by engaging a block, shedding, and pursuing.
- Looks the part. Good height and a thick, muscular build. Long arms. Good overall athleticism and straight-line speed.
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
- Possesses average instincts. More likely to make plays with quick reactions than by diagnosing.
- Has lean limbs and needs to get stronger and add bulk to his frame.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
How other scouting services rate Anthony Hines III (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank