- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- Not a burner or consistent vertical threat. Has a lanky frame and will be overmatched physically by most cornerbacks in the NFL. Needs to be more competitive in tight coverage.
- Needs to refine his routes and become a better all-around receiver. Has some ball security concerns. Durability concerns because of his size.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
How other scouting services rate Ben Ratzlaff (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank