- Possesses strong upper body to be explosive and create turnovers as a tackler. Takes aggressive angles to the ball.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
- Often engulfed by NFL-caliber tackles due to his lack of height. Must improve consistency in beating cut blocks.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Needs work on angles and· finding receivers in zone. Does not possess elite quickness. Fails to break down at times, grabbing shoulder pads and lunging to allow ballcarriers to elude him.
- He's a tweener who lacks the bulk and strength to be a thumper inside and isn't fast enough to stay on the weak side in the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Blake Gallagher (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank