Signed as an undrafted free agent by Minnesota Vikings
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Inconsistent high-pointing passes. Allows too many throws into his body when facing the quarterback.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
How other scouting services rate Blake Proehl (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank