- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Lacks foot quickness to separate and could be more physical. He has yet to get the maximum potential out of his natural athletic ability.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
How other scouting services rate Brandon Smith (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank