Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 140 (PIT)
- Gives effort between the tackles to find the ball and is willing to take on linemen.
- Has good balance and short-area burst to stay on his feet through contact
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Strong and stout against the run, filling lanes with power and an attacking mentality.
- Lacks fluidity to hold up in space or drop in coverage. Washed out and caught in traffic in the middle of the field.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- He's a tweener who lacks the bulk and strength to be a thumper inside and isn't fast enough to stay on the weak side in the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Buddy Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank