- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Lacks the recovery speed to catch receivers if he waits for them to arrive.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
How other scouting services rate Chris Brown (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank