- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Has enough hustle and athleticism to make plays in the flat against running backs. Lacks height but has the vertical and timing to knock away passes when approaching the quarterback.
- Has a filled-out frame with good thickness. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Can be too hesitant when he doesn't find the ball immediately.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
- Easily washed out of plays and loses track of the ball. Runs around blocks and struggles to break away once blockers have a hold on him.
- Needs work on angles and· finding receivers in zone. Does not possess elite quickness. Fails to break down at times, grabbing shoulder pads and lunging to allow ballcarriers to elude him.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
How other scouting services rate Cornel Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank