Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 181 (KC)
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Good effort and technique as a blocker for his size. Can beat the press with elusiveness or physical contact. Runs crisp routes with sharp cuts.
- Good quickness off the line. Has size and quickness to get off NFL press.
- A versatile weapon, proving to be effective inside in the slot and outside on the perimeter. Makes plays at all levels of the field.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
- Unpolished route runner and does a poor job selling routes, lacking much burst in and out of his breaks. Isn't the most natural pass catcher.
How other scouting services rate Cornell Powell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank