Signed as an undrafted free agent by Houston Texans
- Physical player able to get off press coverage to release up the sideline or position himself inside the cornerback on slants and crossing routes.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Not explosive coming out of his breaks.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
- A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
- Inconsistent high-pointing passes. Allows too many throws into his body when facing the quarterback.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Damon Hazelton (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank