Signed as an undrafted free agent by Kansas City Chiefs
- Has smooth body control with the fluid ability to plant and redirect in any direction. Plays fast and decisive, arriving to the play with fierce intentions.
- Strong hands to make plays on the ball, effective blitzer who shows well-coached technique and awareness.
- Can deliver the big hit and isn't afraid to jump inside to slow the ball.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Flashes intimidating attitude and will crush tiptoeing receivers across the middle.
- Questionable technique and he gets lazy with fundamentals, sometimes getting high in his backpedal and will breach the coverage call seeking flashy plays
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
- Opens his hips too early and allows himself to get turned around in coverage.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Needs to improve his footwork and balance in coverage. Transitions out of his backpedal too early and doesn't look natural moving in reverse.
How other scouting services rate Devon Key (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank