Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 109 (TEN)
- Solidly built with good overall size and bulk - has long arms and does a nice job extending to create a large catching radius.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- Has long arms to stiff-arm defensive backs in the open field. Willing to lower his pads to run through tackles for extra yardage. Goes over the middle, can spin out of tackles and take the big hit.
- Inconsistent high-pointing passes. Allows too many throws into his body when facing the quarterback.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Not explosive coming out of his breaks.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
How other scouting services rate Dez Fitzpatrick (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank