Signed as an undrafted free agent by San Francisco 49ers
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Greet feel in coverage. Often arrives at the receiver at the same time as the ball, giving up few yards after the catch. Possesses straight-line speed to stay with or chase down receivers in man.
- Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when the passer steps up.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Shorter than ideal and is easily engulfed by blockers near the line of scrimmage. Minimal anchor at the point of attack and was too often knocked backward or off his feet.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
- More of a straight-line athlete with some stiffness in his hips to slow .his change of direction.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
How other scouting services rate Elijah Sullivan (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank