Draft Profile: BioFred Davis II attended Trinity Christian Academy High School and was rated a 4-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.974, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Davis II opted to join Clemson after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Davis II saw action in 10 games and played a total of 181 snaps at Cornerback for the Tigers. He recorded 11 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 2 stops. In coverage Davis II notched up 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and a very good QB rating when targetted of 66.5.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 8 games and logged 133 snaps for the Tigers. He made only 5 tackles, 2 assists, and had one stop. In coverage he totaled no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an outstanding QB rating when targetted of 50.4.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Good agility and balance when shadowing his target. Competitive player.
- An athletic but narrow-based corner with a lean frame,
- He’s excellent in run support, a physical hitter who could also get a look at safety
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Has the physical gifts to match any cornerback in this class, but has rough edges on the field.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Despite his size, he’s not an overly physical tackler. Davis might have to add some weight at the next level in order to become more physical.
- His athleticism gives him the potential to have tremendous range in coverage, but Davis is often hesitant and doesn’t seem confident in what he’s seeing.
- Suspect technician who too often lets the action come to him and energy and effort are too inconsistent.
- Better in press coverage than in off coverage, when he can look shaky and unsure when transitioning out of his backpedal. He’ll give up throws underneath.
How other scouting services rate Fred Davis II (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank