Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 170 (HOU)
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Good key and diagnosis skills. Quickly locates the ball and shows no wasted motion in getting there. At least adequate lateral agility to avoid blockers and shows good vision and anticipation.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
- Has lean limbs and needs to get stronger and add bulk to his frame.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Has inconsistent read/react skills with streaky awareness when asked to drop in coverage. Is like a bull in a China shop with his aggressive style of play, causing him to play undisciplined and overpursue.
- Lacks fluidity to hold up in space or drop in coverage. Washed out and caught in traffic in the middle of the field.
How other scouting services rate Garret Wallow (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank