Signed as an undrafted free agent by Chicago Bears
- Best on the outside because of his height and athleticism, but is capable of blocking on the move.
- Not to be bet against with the skills set to line up at guard or tackle. Could develop into a solid backup and eventual starter in the NFL.
- Moves well and squares to finish on the move. Better anchor than his height suggests and capable of absorbing a punch and recovering quickly.
- Eases out of his stance and has a finisher's mentality. Bends his knees, has above-average mobility and keeps his base square to adjust to counters.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Very raw technique, playing with inconsistent hand placement fails to sustain blocks.
- Limits ability to mirror by leaning forward with his upper body and neglecting his lower body. Not strong enough and remains rough around the edges.
- Has inconsistent footwork and body positioning and needs to improve his blocking angles.
How other scouting services rate Gunnar Vogel (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank