- Anchors well and plays with the low center of gravity and natural bend to seal the inside lanes. Has violent hands with hustle to close off bubble screens and lead to flatten linebackers. Nasty demeanor and highly coachable.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Has a naturally wide base, thickly build and good length. Long legs to cover a lot of ground with his initial kick slide. Has the quickness to set up quickly with enough lateral shuffle to mirror and mobility to get to the second level.
- Attacks his man, playing with a wide base and the lateral agility to mirror, sustain and shuffle to help inside. Has the size, strength and quick feet to be effective as a position run-blocker.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Anticipates speed rushers attacking the edge and will over-set to the outside, leaving inside rushing lanes wide open for defenders to jab-step outside and re-direct through the gap.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Adequate initial burst should be far better and isn't good enough to consistently hold out elite pass rushers.
How other scouting services rate Jacob Shoemaker (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank