Draft Profile: BioJalen Berger from Don Bosco Prep High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Berger opted to join Wisconsin.
In 2020 as a freshman Berger saw action in 4 games for the Badgers as he ran for 301 yards on 60 attempts for an average of 5.0 yards per carry, with 2 TDs, and no fumbles. As a receiver he made 2 receptions for 13 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 3 games. and rushed for 88 yards on 24 carries for an average of 3.7 ypc, with one TD, and no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in 2 receptions for 17 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
How other scouting services rate Jalen Berger (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank