Draft Profile: BioJirehl Brock from Quincy High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Brock joined Iowa State.
In 2019 as a freshman Brock saw action in just 3 games for the Cyclones as he ran for only 47 yards on 9 attempts for an impressive 5.2 yards per carry, with no TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made no receptions for no yards.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 8 games. and rushed for only 46 yards on 14 carries for only 3.3 ypc, with no TDs, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in only 4 receptions for 32 yards.
In 2021 as a junior Brock saw action in 13 games for the Cyclones. He ran for a decent 174 yards on 37 attempts for a decent 4.7 ypc, with one TD, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made only 7 receptions for 43 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Strong interior runner. Quickly presses the line of scrimmage and has the burst to get through the line of scrimmage and into the second level quickly. A classic North-South runner who doesn't waste time moving laterally.
- His passing game skills are strong. He’s a natural hands catcher who turns upfield quickly in the screen game, and Brock shows a great feel for setting up wheel routes.
- Brock shows very good balance between the tackles, running behind his pads and packing the power to move a pile. Brock shows good vision and can exploit cut-back lanes.
- He’s a creative runner, finding cut-back lanes and often looking like a return specialist on some of his longer runs.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- A one-speed runner and lacks any explosive qualities with tight hips. Has poor balance and has the bad habit of losing coordination when changing directions - his feet and upper body look to be on two different pages.
- He’s more of a cut blocker in pass protection as opposed to a guy who will stick his face in against the blitz, although that is a correctable flaw.
- He’s not physically imposing. Brock is small-framed and won’t be able to carry much more weight.
How other scouting services rate Jirehl Brock (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank