Draft Profile: BioJirehl Brock from Quincy High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Brock joined Iowa State.
In 2019 as a freshman Brock saw action in just 3 games for the Cyclones as he ran for just 47 yards on 9 attempts for an excellent 5.2 yards per carry, with no TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made no receptions for no yards.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 8 games. and rushed for just 46 yards on 14 carries for just 3.3 ypc, with no TDs, with no fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in just 4 receptions for 32 yards.
In 2021 as a junior Brock saw action in 13 games for the Cyclones. He ran for 174 yards on 37 attempts for 4.7 ypc, with one TD, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made just 7 receptions for 43 yards.
As a senior in 2022 he played in 10 games and ran for 443 yards on 99 carries for average of 4.5 ypc, with 3 TDs, with 2 fumbles. In the passing game he had 21 receptions for 113 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Fights for extra yardage and is reliable in short-yardage situations.
- He’s a creative runner, finding cut-back lanes and often looking like a return specialist on some of his longer runs.
- Brock aggressively finishes runs and consistently falls forward in a crowd. His low pad level and a bit of wiggle keep him from absorbing big hits.
- Brock has the flexible ankles to turn the corner and get around the perimeter when the opportunity presents itself.
- Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
- Well-built with a thick frame and powerful lower body which keeps his legs pumping through contact. Patient behind the line of scrimmage, allowing blocks to create openings, and looks for cutback lanes with accurate vision. Hits the hole hard and runs with power to get the tough yards and a physical attitude.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- His hands are good, but Brock doesn’t show much feel as a route runner and might not be a guy you flex out wide.
- He’s good on screen and swing passes, but he doesn’t have the route-running feel to be the kind of back you flex out.
- He’s good in space, but he doesn’t show much nuance as a route runner; he’s not necessarily a threat when he’s flexed out.
How other scouting services rate Jirehl Brock (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank