- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Uses his low center of gravity to flash leverage and strong, violent hands to create space and shed to either side. Also spins off blocks to disengage.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Possesses strong upper body to be explosive and create turnovers as a tackler. Takes aggressive angles to the ball.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Lacks fluidity to hold up in space or drop in coverage. Washed out and caught in traffic in the middle of the field.
- Needs work on angles and· finding receivers in zone. Does not possess elite quickness. Fails to break down at times, grabbing shoulder pads and lunging to allow ballcarriers to elude him.
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
How other scouting services rate Jaylin Thomas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank