- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Being under six feet without the speed to transition outside, he has to scratch out a role in the 4-3 as an undersized producer. His instincts, burst and reliable open-field tackling give him a chance to do precisely that.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Possesses a short, squatly build to slip through gaps quickly. Legitimate NFL-caliber instincts
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
- Easily washed out of plays and loses track of the ball. Runs around blocks and struggles to break away once blockers have a hold on him.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
How other scouting services rate John Lamot (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank