- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Being under six feet without the speed to transition outside, he has to scratch out a role in the 4-3 as an undersized producer. His instincts, burst and reliable open-field tackling give him a chance to do precisely that.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Possesses a short, squatly build to slip through gaps quickly. Legitimate NFL-caliber instincts
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
- Easily washed out of plays and loses track of the ball. Runs around blocks and struggles to break away once blockers have a hold on him.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
How other scouting services rate John Lamot (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank