- An aggressive run defender, filling run lanes hard, and won't shy from contact. Plays with violence to fight off blocks, flashing a physical nature. An intense, powerful hitter who willingly gives up his body.
- Coordinated footwork and balance. Makes more plays in pass coverage than expected because of his natural football instincts.
- Thickly built with classic linebacker size, adequate strength and the smarts to cover up his athletic shortcomings in the right scheme.
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- He has good reaction skills and awareness. Forceful tackler vs. the run.
- Lacks fluidity to hold up in space or drop in coverage. Washed out and caught in traffic in the middle of the field.
- One-speed player, lacking dynamic qualities and doesn't look natural in reverse. Lacks the fluidity to be consistent dropping against the pass with unpolished cover skills.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Attacks the line but needs work on stacking and shedding blocks.
- He'll add quality depth but must earn more than a backup/special teams role.
How other scouting services rate Jon-Michael Terry (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank