Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 138 (DAL)
- He has the quickness and growth potential, long arms and powerful base to be one of the most popular players in predraft film sessions. If he impresses in private workouts, he could climb draft boards.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Has the length to recover when beaten but does lose balance when he doesn't bend at his knees. Has a good anchor and hustles to stay alive.
- A better than expected athlete who steadily improved in pass protection. Stout at the point of attack and maintains a wide base.
- Shows the speed to recover and slide back into his set but gets too narrow-based. Has jackhammer hands and delivers constant hits until the play is over. Has light, quick feet sliding but only adequate overall burst.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
- Has inconsistent footwork and body positioning and needs to improve his blocking angles.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Not an explosive athlete and has limited range. Will pop upright off the snap and needs to stay balanced, avoid the habit of lunging.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
How other scouting services rate Josh Ball (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank