- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Flashes nimble feet to chase running backs and mobile quarterbacks to the sideline when lined up at end. Spins off blocks to get back into the play.
- He wins with all-out hustle, second and third effort and will contribute in the NFL.
- Vision to locate the ball and recognize cut blocks. Can rip past blockers and pull down ballcarriers when he cannot fully disengage from linemen.
- Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
- Uncreative pass rusher who lacks counter moves. Raw technique. Streaky and slow to react.
- Lacks overpowering strength and can stick to blocks. Lacks explosive speed to bend and flatten off the corner with stiff hips and ankles. Not flexible or fluid.
How other scouting services rate Justus Reed (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank