- Shows toughness to get under the pads of tackles to bull them, club them upfield to get the inside lane, or fight through blocks for secondary rush when the passer steps up.
- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves.
- Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.
- Must work on using violent hands and defeating cut blocks. Also needs to build a variety of pass-rush moves.
- Lacks functional strength to shed and take on blocks at the point of attack.
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than he makes.
- Saught looking into the backfield occasionally instead of getting to the receiver in the flat. Leaves his feet at times while tackling, and NFL backs will take advantage of that.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
How other scouting services rate Kavika Fonua (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank