Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 255 (NO)
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- A versatile weapon, proving to be effective inside in the slot and outside on the perimeter. Makes plays at all levels of the field.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
How other scouting services rate Kawaan Baker (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank