- Spends a lot of time outside the box in coverage, but he has the strength to hold the edge against large tight ends and linemen.
- Gives effort between the tackles to find the ball and is willing to take on linemen.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Thickly built with classic linebacker size, adequate strength and the smarts to cover up his athletic shortcomings in the right scheme.
- Tough between-the-tackles defender who shimmies past blockers to fill lanes. Downhill, aggressive run-stuffer with enough strength to stop ballcarriers in the hole.
- Lacks fluidity to hold up in space or drop in coverage. Washed out and caught in traffic in the middle of the field.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- High-cut and long-legged, and he does not have elite acceleration.
How other scouting services rate Kuony Deng (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank