- Trusts his eyes and shows no hesitation with good anticipation to avoid blockers.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Slips off too many ballcarriers and needs to complete tackles - will go for the big hit instead of consistently wrapping up.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- More of a straight-line athlete with some stiffness in his hips to slow .his change of direction.
How other scouting services rate Kyle Pugh (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank