Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 231 (MIA)
- He has the quickness and growth potential, long arms and powerful base to be one of the most popular players in predraft film sessions. If he impresses in private workouts, he could climb draft boards.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Effective in space and usually drops his hips to get leverage and sustain against shorter defenders.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
- High-cut and doesn't bend knees well. Set in pass protection is high, and that affects the power and ability to anchor and causes him to bend at the waist.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
How other scouting services rate Larnel Coleman (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank