- Has smooth body control with the fluid ability to plant and redirect in any direction. Plays fast and decisive, arriving to the play with fierce intentions.
- Very good instincts, especially in the box. Sound and solid tackler. Takes good angles in pursuit.
- Tough and scrappy with forceful nature to be physical at all levels of the field. Has good bulk on his frame to be aggressive in run support.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Good speed in pursuit with the chase skills to track down the ballcarrier.
- Has good football awareness to read and react quickly and stay balanced and patient in space.
- Does a nice job using his eyes to read and react quickly. Smart, disciplined defender who makes plays on the ball and contesting throws.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
How other scouting services rate Nick Pickett (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank