- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
- Saught looking into the backfield occasionally instead of getting to the receiver in the flat. Leaves his feet at times while tackling, and NFL backs will take advantage of that.
- Must work on using violent hands and defeating cut blocks. Also needs to build a variety of pass-rush moves.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
How other scouting services rate Omar Fortt (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank