- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
- Saught looking into the backfield occasionally instead of getting to the receiver in the flat. Leaves his feet at times while tackling, and NFL backs will take advantage of that.
- Must work on using violent hands and defeating cut blocks. Also needs to build a variety of pass-rush moves.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
How other scouting services rate Omar Fortt (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank