Draft Profile: BioFollowing high school, Ali joined Marshall.
In 2020 as a freshman Ali saw action in just one game for the Thundering Herd as he ran for only 22 yards on 5 attempts for 4.4 yards per carry, with no TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made no receptions for no yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 13 games. and rushed for an elite 1400 yards on 250 carries for an impressive 5.6 ypc, with 23 TDs, with 6 fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in 46 receptions for 344 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Ali saw action in just 2 games for the Thundering Herd. He ran for 181 yards on 32 attempts for an impressive 5.7 ypc, with no TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made only 2 receptions for 10 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Ali keeps his pads low and consistently falls forward. Unlike most backs his size, Ali has the lateral movement and stop-start ability to make defenders whiff. He has breakaway speed in the open field.
- He’s capable as a receiver, a weapon on swing passes and in the screen game.
- He accelerates 0-to-60 and hits top speed fast enough to outrun angles. He’s also flexible and agile, able to keep the pedal to the floor as he turns and weaves.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- He often thrived in the screen game, transitioning upfield quickly and showing a knack for following his blocks. Ali has the size and strength to pass protect.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Ali really isn’t a guy who will create a lot of separation.
- He tends to get too upright at times, sacrificing power.
- Ali doesn’t have the ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability.
Rasheen Ali percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Rasheen Ali (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank