- Trusts his eyes and shows no hesitation with good anticipation to avoid blockers.
- Has enough hustle and athleticism to make plays in the flat against running backs. Lacks height but has the vertical and timing to knock away passes when approaching the quarterback.
- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Shows the closing burst and footwork to work well in tight areas.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- Often engulfed by NFL-caliber tackles due to his lack of height. Must improve consistency in beating cut blocks.
- He's a tweener who lacks the bulk and strength to be a thumper inside and isn't fast enough to stay on the weak side in the NFL.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
How other scouting services rate Rayshard Ashby (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank