- Is a bit of a cornerback-safety teener with only average size, speed, and length, but gets the most out of his ability and works hard to improve his game.
- Can deliver the big hit and isn't afraid to jump inside to slow the ball.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Has smooth body control with the fluid ability to plant and redirect in any direction. Plays fast and decisive, arriving to the play with fierce intentions.
- Transitions well from coverage to close on the ball. Strong hands, quick reactions for the interceptions.
- Not great in man coverage. Does not have elite speed and loses speed/gears down while turning.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
- Has suspect instincts in coverage and needs to show better pre snap recognition.
- Lacks the timed speed to mirror and maintain contact downfield. Loses the ball on slow-developing plays and has a tendency to reach and grab when he gets antsy.
- Takes poor angles on the ball and lacks the pure speed to chase down the ballcarrier.
Reed Blankenship percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Reed Blankenship (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank