- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Goes up high for jump balls. Good flexibility and reach to snatch back-shoulder throws.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Inconsistent high-pointing passes. Allows too many throws into his body when facing the quarterback.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
- Not a burner or consistent vertical threat. Has a lanky frame and will be overmatched physically by most cornerbacks in the NFL. Needs to be more competitive in tight coverage.
How other scouting services rate Samson Nacua (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank