Signed as an undrafted free agent by Buffalo Bills
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Has inconsistent footwork and body positioning and needs to improve his blocking angles.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
How other scouting services rate Syrus Tuitele (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank