Draft Profile: BioTaye Barber from Cy Springs High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Barber opted to join TCU.
In 2018 as a freshman Barber saw action in 13 games for the Horned Frogs as he made 32 receptions for 303 yards for an average of 9.5 yards per reception, with 2 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 109.0.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 9 games and had 29 catches for 372 yards for an average of 12.8 yards per catch, with no TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 64.8.
As a junior in 2020 he played 10 games and hauled in 30 catches for 323 yards for an average of 10.8 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 83.8.
As a senior in 2021 he played 12 games and had 30 catches for 499 yards for an average of 16.6 yards per catch, 2 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 130.0.
As a fifth year senior in 2022 he played 13 games and had 34 catches for 593 yards for an average of 17.4 yards per catch, 4 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 146.8.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- His competitiveness and knack for high-pointing the ball allows him to play bigger than his size.
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations.
- An impressive athlete with very quick acceleration to reach his top speed quickly and stretch the field. Very good body control and smooth movements. Plays fast and explosive.
- Barber is a natural playmaker, at his best with the ball in his hands.
- He accelerates 0-to-60 and hits top speed fast enough to outrun angles. He’s also flexible and agile, able to keep the pedal to the floor as Barber turns and weaves.
- Fghts his way off the line of scrimmage against press coverage, showing quick, violent hands and good balance.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Limited to a slot-only role at the next level - just too small to add anything as a blocker
- Barber fights hard for the ball, but too often fights to catch it; there are too many double catches on his highlight reel. It shows up in contested-catch situations in the red zone.
- Doesn’t have the ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability.
- Can't really stand up to press coverage, will be overpowered
Taye Barber percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Taye Barber (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank