- An impressive athlete with very quick acceleration to reach his top speed quickly and stretch the field. Very good body control and smooth movements. Plays fast and explosive.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Fluid athlete with explosive burst and speed to stretch the field and breeze past defenders. Has a quick first step and gets to top speed in a hurry.
- Combines speed, balance, quickness, vision and crisp cuts to leave defensive backs and linebackers in the dust.
- Shows quickness off the snap to shake off corners and create room. Separates with hesitation moves and nice acceleration.
- Flashes the foot quickness and toughness to handle slot duties at the next level and lines up all over the field. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Keeps his feet active and eyes up to dodge traffic quickly and easily. Has excellent straight-line speed to be a breakaway threat at any level. Will initiate contact and runs through high tackle attempts but isn't overall a powerful player.
- Very good hands, accepts the ball fluidly on most throws and is ready to make a play afterward. Makes catches in traffic, even going up over taller defenders with vertical and toughness.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Taye Barber (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank