Draft Profile: BioTheo Wease from Allen High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Wease opted to join Oklahoma.
In 2019 as a freshman Wease saw action in 13 games for the Sooners as he made 8 receptions for 136 yards for an average of 17.0 yards per reception, with 2 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 136.5.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 11 games and had 37 catches for 530 yards for an average of 14.3 yards per catch, with 4 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 119.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Has elite balance tight-roping the sideline and in-and-out of his breaks, showing excellent start-stop ability and burst.
- He gets off the line with a nice burst and is very fluid in his movements with little wasted steps in his routes.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Very good hands, accepts the ball fluidly on most throws and is ready to make a play afterward. Makes catches in traffic, even going up over taller defenders with vertical and toughness.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Shows quickness off the snap to shake off corners and create room. Separates with hesitation moves and nice acceleration.
- Has long arms to stiff-arm defensive backs in the open field. Willing to lower his pads to run through tackles for extra yardage. Goes over the middle, can spin out of tackles and take the big hit.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Theo Wease (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank