Drafted: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 177 (LAR)
Draft Profile: BioPuka Nacua from Orem High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Nacua opted to join Washington.
In 2019 as a freshman Nacua saw action in 8 games for the Huskies as he made 7 receptions for 168 yards for an average of 24.0 yards per reception, with 2 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 146.8.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played just 3 games and had only 9 catches for 151 yards for an average of 16.8 yards per catch, with one TD, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 144.4.
After season's end Nacua transferred to BYU where as a junior in 2021 he played 12 games and hauled in 44 catches for 805 yards for an average of 18.3 yards per catch, with 6 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 128.0.
As a senior in 2022 he played 9 games and had 48 catches for 625 yards for an average of 13.0 yards per catch, 5 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 119.3.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Nacua tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.
- He runs precise routes, showing an innate feel for setting up defensive backs to create separation.
- Has elite balance tight-roping the sideline and in-and-out of his breaks, showing excellent start-stop ability and burst.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Nacua has reliable hands and shows the willingness to make catches in traffic over the middle.
- When used downfield, Nacua shows the ball-tracking skills and hand-eye coordination to make the adjustment on underthrown balls and back-shoulder throws.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Nacua seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Nacua doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
- His ability to track the ball is good enough, but he too often let the ball get into his body downfield rather than snatching it with his hands.
- He’s a little raw as a route runner and will struggle to get off the line against good press corners
Puka Nacua percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Puka Nacua (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank