- Good quickness off the line. Has size and quickness to get off NFL press.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- He catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Inconsistent high-pointing passes. Allows too many throws into his body when facing the quarterback.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
How other scouting services rate Xavier Lane (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank