- He's not an elite pass rusher and projects as a left end in a 4-3 defense. If he layers on more muscle, he might fit in the 3-4. Size, strength and versatility should push him into the top 75 picks.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Has a quick burst off the line and times the snap well. Good upper-body strength and length to lock-out his opponent and at least moderate lateral agility to slide inside or spill out to contain.
- Offers some versatility, rushing from a two-and three-point stance with the playing speed to stand up in space. Flashes strength as a bull rusher and his energy doesn't plateau.
- Vision to locate the ball and recognize cut blocks. Can rip past blockers and pull down ballcarriers when he cannot fully disengage from linemen.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
- Lacks overpowering strength and can stick to blocks. Lacks explosive speed to bend and flatten off the corner with stiff hips and ankles. Not flexible or fluid.
- Uncreative pass rusher who lacks counter moves. Raw technique. Streaky and slow to react.
How other scouting services rate Ali Fayad (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank