Signed as an undrafted free agent by San Francisco 49ers
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- Good quickness off the line. Has size and quickness to get off NFL press.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
- A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
How other scouting services rate Austin Watkins Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank