Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 117 (LAR)
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Quarterbacks and ballcarriers feel his strength when he plants them in the backfield.
- Has the ability to create a pile in the middle, even showing the ability to split the occasional double-team. However, is just as often blown off the ball due to his high pad level.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Good strength and balance to sit down, lock-out and create a pile, leading to possibilities inside and out (in the 3-4).
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Short arms could lead to problems against NFL-caliber offensive linemen with longer arms able to get into his chest.
- Plays too high at times, and gets carried downfield or put to the ground by better lineman when losing the leverage battle.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
How other scouting services rate Bobby Brown III (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank