Draft Profile: BioChidozie Nwankwo from Foster High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Nwankwo joined Houston.
In 2020 as a freshman Nwankwo saw action in 8 games and played a total of 323 snaps for the Cougars. He recorded only 8 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 9 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Cougars in 2021 Nwankwo played in 11 games and took part in 423 snaps for the Cougars. He recorded 18 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 17 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 16 total pressures, and 10 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Nwankwo played in 11 games and contributed on 585 snaps. He recorded 24 tackles, 10 assists while making 21 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 15 total pressures, which included 11 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and one sack on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Nwankwo is strong enough in the lower body to hold up at the point of attack, and Nwankwo displays a good feel as a grappler in the phone booth, consistently getting blockers off-balance before sending them to the ground.
- He has a wide base and a low center of gravity to hold his ground, as well as the upper-body strength to shed blockers.
- Nwankwo has the strong core and powerful hands to shed blockers, and he shows excellent instincts with the ability to quickly locate the ball.
- Quick off the snap in the pass rush, he has violent hands and a good feel for working inside counter moves.
- His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Nwankwo doesn’t have the ability to dip and bend around the edge, and Nwankwo lacks the necessary suddenness at the line of scrimmage to penetrate through gaps.
- Nwankwo has to develop a counter move or two in the pass rush, and he needs to make better use of his hands.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
Chidozie Nwankwo percentiles vs other Defensive Linemen (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Chidozie Nwankwo (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank