Draft Profile: BioChidozie Nwankwo from Foster High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school Nwankwo opted to join Houston.
In 2020 as a freshman Nwankwo saw action in 8 games and played on a total of 323 snaps for the Cougars. He recorded 8 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher he added 9 total pressuress, which included 9 QB hurriess, no QB hits, and NFL1.DefenseSummary sacks on the season.
As a sophomore in 2021 Nwankwo played in 11 games while logging 423 snaps for the Cougars. He recorded 18 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 17 stops. As a pass rusher he chalked up 16 total pressuress, and 10 QB hurriess, 5 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Lacks the speed to turn the corner consistently and is too often washed out by stronghanded blockers.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
How other scouting services rate Chidozie Nwankwo (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank