- Quarterbacks and ballcarriers feel his strength when he plants them in the backfield.
- Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
- Penetrates through gaps, often forcing running backs to elude him or the back end of the offensive lineman he's pushing before they even reach the line.
- Rarely goes to the ground, showing good balance from his high school wrestling days.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.
- Inconsistent in his ability to separate from blocks, however, making him more of a nuisance than a snap-to-snap terror.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
Akial Byers percentiles vs other Defensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Akial Byers (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank