- Good height and growing build to stand in the pocket.
- Prototypical height for the position with the frame to easily add another 15 pounds of muscle mass without a significant loss in quickness.
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
- Average overall accuracy. Too often forces his receivers to adjust their routes, limiting yards after the catch. May have too much confidence in his right arm as he will force the ball into pressure rather than check down and take what the defense gives him.
- Physically imposing and solidly built throughout his frame with good body strength. Strong arm with the ability to easily make all the throws. Above-average zip and velocity on his passes with strong stick throws.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
- Sails throws to either sideline; receivers make him look good with acrobatic catches. Back-foot throws are not accurate. Sometimes trusts his arm too much, trying to stick passes late in the play or when off-balance.
- Needs to improve his touch at all levels and know when to gun it and when to take something off his throws. Accuracy is solid, but far from great with streaky ball placement downfield as he tries to thread the needle too much.
- Almost too thick and appears a bit mechanical in some of his movements, including his throwing motion. Inconsistent touch on throws to all levels of the field.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
How other scouting services rate Cole Kelley (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank