- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Closes quickly on relatively immobile quarterbacks. A consistently heavy hitter who flashes explosiveness and the ability to separate the ball.
- Good at using long arms to disengage from blockers and make plays. Is quick off the snap and an effective blitzer.
- Physical at the point of attack and works hard to shed blocks. Enjoys contact and is a forceful tackler. Effective blitzer with the speed to reach the backfield and create backside pressure.
- Greet feel in coverage. Often arrives at the receiver at the same time as the ball, giving up few yards after the catch. Possesses straight-line speed to stay with or chase down receivers in man.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Has very good playing speed and is fast in pursuit, chasing down the action with a closing burst. Coordinated and looks natural in space.
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but he takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
- Leaves his feet at times. Sometimes heads straight-on to quick receivers instead of anticipating their route.
How other scouting services rate David Ugwoegbu (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank