Draft Profile: BioDemouy Kennedy from Theodore High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Kennedy joined Alabama after being heavily recruited.
In 2022 as a freshman Kennedy saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 6 snaps at linebacker for the Crimson Tide. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- An undersized but explosive athlete, Is a sideline-to-sideline playmaker. He’s a fluid mover who reads, reacts and accelerates quickly.
- Gets pressures on inside stunts and was too explosive for college guards to handle.
- Kennedy can be used as a rangy run defender inside, instinctive when it comes to locating the ball with the quickness to get to it before blockers can react at the second level.
- He’s a capable blitzer with the ability to close quickly. He’s also very good in coverage, rangy with good awareness in zone coverage, and fluid and fast enough to run with most tight ends.
- He’s excellent changing direction, an agile mover who can win by countering inside and exploding with impressive burst when closing.
- Kennedy plays bigger than his listed size, with the functional strength and motor to take on and hold ground against much bigger blockers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than Kennedy makes.
- Kennedy is on the small side and struggles to slip blocks; he’ll need to be covered up in order to make plays.
- Has inconsistent read/react skills with streaky awareness when asked to drop in coverage. Is like a bull in a China shop with his aggressive style of play, causing him to play undisciplined and overpursue.
How other scouting services rate Demouy Kennedy (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank